All visitors dressed in Game of Thrones cosplay, arriving at the exhibition between 14:00 and 16:00 on 21 July are eligible to enter the Best Cosplay Contest. Costumes must represent a Game of Thrones character and clearly bear a resemblance to the character the costume is based on. Since the contest is judged on authenticity and creativity, handmade costumes are highly recommended.
GAME OF THRONES: THE TOURING EXHIBITION
WILL HOST A COSPLAY EVENT ON SATURDAY, JULY 21ST
WITH FREE ADMISSION FOR ALL COSTUMED FANS!!
To celebrate the exhibition’s stop in Paris, GAME OF THRONES: THE TOURING EXHIBITION invites cosplay enthusiasts dressed as their favorite character from the series to become part of the world of Westeros!
- Date: Saturday, 21st July 2018
- Time: Arrival 14:00 – 16:00 PM
- Price: Free admission for all Game of Thrones cosplayers
- Location: GAME OF THRONES: THE TOURING EXHIBITION
Paris Expo / Porte de Versailles / Pavillon : 2.1
Place de la Porte de Versailles - 75015 Paris
- Concours : Cosplayers are eligible to enter the contest for "Best Cosplay," for a chance to win an official Game of Thrones prize package, including the newly released Game of Thrones Complete First Season 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray.
“GAME OF THRONES” COSPLAY
John Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister, Melisandre, and the Night King… Each of these names already form part of the collective audiovisual imagination for our generation. Not only their names are iconic, but also their outfits, many of which are on display at the official “Game of Thrones: The Touring Exhibition”.
The word originates from combining “costume” and “play”, and involves dressing up as a character, whether from a manga, series or film, etc., and recreating their clothes, hairstyle, accessories and makeup. The phenomenon first began in Japan in the 1970s, but has now become a worldwide craze.
How do I enter the contest?
How will the contest be judged?
Cosplay participants will be judged on 40% authenticity and 60% creativity by a 3-person panel of judges.
What is the schedule of the day?
- Arrival between 14:00 to 16:00
- Participating cosplayers must present themselves upon arrival at the welcome desk to register for the Contest by filling out an entry form.
- Five cosplay finalists will be announced at 16:20
- Winner of Best Cosplay contest will be announced at 16:30
- Cosplayers are free to visit the exhibition until it closes.
Are there any prizes?
Yes, the five finalists and the Winner of Best Cosplay will receive a selection of DVD sets of the series and gift cards for the retail shop of the exhibition.
Do I have to buy an exhibition ticket to attend?
No, simply arriving between 14:00 and 16:00 on July 21st costumed participants will receive free admission to the exhibition and cosplay festivities. Without cosplay, purchase of a ticket is necessary.
Do I have to wear a costume to attend?
You must be in costume to enter the contest and receive free admission to the exhibition, but you may attend cosplay festivities in the lobby of exhibition and watch the contest in your normal clothes. Please note, purchase of a ticket to enter the exhibition is required without cosplay.
May I bring friends and family to see the contest?
Yes, this is encouraged!
Is there a dining area at Game of Thrones: The Touring Exhibition?
There are dining areas on the Paris Expo site but not inside the exhibition.
May I bring a camera and or/video camera to the event?
Yes of course!
Agence Sébastien d'Assigny
T. 01 42 88 79 79
Director, Corporate Affairs
T. +1 212 512 1557
T. +1 818 638 5949